Effective: April 15, 2015 | Last Updated: May 25, 2018
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, SurfersList will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- SurfersList will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless SurfersList obtains the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- SurfersList will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- SurfersList will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- SurfersList will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- SurfersList will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
SurfersList is committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
User Personal Information
Users must enter an email address and name to register an account, which allows users access to additional features. Personal information collected and stored in a user account may include, but is not limited to: First Name, Last Name, E-mail, Telephone, Fax, and one or more Addresses. This information may be included in the order details shared with both the owner of the listing offered for sale and the user placing the order of a "Buy Now" listing. Order details are immediately emailed to both users at the time the order is placed. They are also shared in the Order / Sales history of the user's account.
User Profile Information
Users may choose to activate a user profile page to create and post listings linked to their account (their "quiver"). Information collected and stored for a user profile may include a Profile Image, Profile Name / Title, Profile Description, PayPal Account E-mail Address, Location (includes Country, State / Region, and City / Location), and Social links (may include personal Website url, Facebook page, Twitter page, Pinterest page, Google+ page). This information is displayed publicly on the user profile page, which are indexed and listed at profiles.
Features exist on the website to facilitate contact between users that may generate automatic email notifications. The personal email address on account for each user is NOT exposed nor shared with the other users during these activities, unless otherwise explicitly stated.
User Profile Contact Form
Anyone may privately email a user with a profile directly through the website by using the contact form. The sender must supply an email address, but the email address of the recipient user is NOT shared. An email with the submitted message will be sent from SurfersList to the recipient user and to the sending user. The recipient user may choose to reply by using the contact form; directly to the email address provided by the sender; or not at all.
Users may leave a comment or ask a question on any listing or user profile on the website without sharing their personal email address by using the the Discussion section available on the page. Users can create an account and log in to submit discussion messages faster. The name displayed next to each question and answer will be the user Profile Name / Title for users who have activated a user profile; the user account First Name and Last Name; or that otherwise provided by the submitter in the discussion form. Discussion messages submitted by users without a profile may require approval by SurfersList before they appear on the website. Discussion submitted by users with a profile will be automatically approved and are subject to review by SurfersList. Approved questions and answers appear publically on the listing / profile page. Messages can be replied to similarly. An email will be sent from SurfersList to both users when a discussion message is submitted. However, submitting users who activate a profile have the option to disable such emails. The personal email address of both users will NOT be exposed nor shared during this process.
User Profile Reviews
Users may rate and review other user profiles. To submit a review, users must have activated a user profile and be logged in to their account. In so doing, an email notification will be sent from SurfersList to the submitting user and the reviewed user. The personal email address of both users will NOT be exposed nor shared during this process.
Any user with an account may flag a listing to alert SurfersList of inappropriate content after loggin in. In so doing, an email notification will be sent from SurfersList to the user who owns the listing. If the listing is flagged by another user while logged in to their acccount, then the flagging user will receive the email notification, as well. The personal email address of users will NOT be exposed nor shared during this process.